VE exams provided by the Chanhassen W5YI VE Team.
Exam fee is $14.00, payable by cash or check made out to “W5YI Chanhassen”
Exams start at 7:30 AM and run until 9:30 AM.
What to bring:
- A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport) If no photo ID is available, please use the email address below to contact us for a list of acceptable alternatives.
- Social Security Number (SSN) or your FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN) – FCC’s registration instructions page.
- If applicable, bring either a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license or a reference copy printed out from the FCC website or the original(s) and photocopy(s) of any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. Instructions on how to obtain an official FCC license copy are on The ARRL Obtain License Copy web page.
- Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
- A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed (cell phones are not allowed).
For more information contact the SMARTSFEST VE Team at [email protected] with a subject of “smartsfest ve exam session”.